Friday 23 May 2014

Freitag: Hoopurbians on film


I HAVE AN INTERNSHIP!

Last Friday I started work at Hoopurbia, which boasts the claim of being the world's first urban hula hooping festival. Having come straight out of a ten month stint at the UK's leading contemporary circus (where, incidentally, I spent a few months trying and failing to get to grips with basic hoop dance) this is a very fitting position for me.

We spent today basking in the sunshine and filming the new neon-tastic festival taster vid at Platoon Kunsthalle in Mitte. Armed with a selection of iridescent hoops, beautiful patterned leggings from Front Row Society and some rusty cartwheeling skills, we played up to the camera and almost knocked each other out when demonstrating our high kicks en masse. I even got to deliver my own short piece to camera, although I buggered it a bit and essentially ended up waffling "yeah, I'm Betti...I'm new and shit...come to Hoopurbia...yeah." I have always had a sneaking suspicion that I'm far better off behind the camera than in front of it. Today proved me absolutely right.

The video was shot by Javier Blanco Chiocchio, whose beautiful demo reel just needs to be seen.


Kinokio Demo Reel 2013 from Kinokio on Vimeo.

I'll be sure to post the Hoopurbia taster in all it's glory as soon as it's out!

Bis bald,
Betti Baudelaire xxx

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you, Betti! Sounds like such a great project to be part of!

    rae of love from berlin

    ReplyDelete